Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost for GPUs
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 16:43:24

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<CAJunf49goVpiA1stNLdvXzSbBR9p2jkV2U8wd8R5KOYtoVMGDQ_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>I am new to using Boost libraries. I have written a function that makes use
>of the boost for computing the inverse of the cummulative distribution
>function of the beta distribution (quantile) in C++ which works fine. Now I
>would like to use the same function on the GPU, but I cannot call a host
>function from device. Are there any alternatives to use boost functions on
>GPU?

Visual Studio 2012 has a non-standard extension (although they hope to
have it standardized) that lets you run C++ code on the GPU. See this
Channel 9 video:
<http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/AFDS-Keynote-Herb-Sutter-Heterogeneous-Computing-and-C-AMP>

AFAIK, Boost doesn't have any GPU stuff in the pipeline, but I could
be wrong as there's a ton of stuff in there.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>