Subject: [Boost-users] Linker (/IDE) errors working with filesystem
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-20 08:49:29

Hello,

I'm a novice (perhaps dangerously intermediate) boost user and have
what I think is a linker error folding in filesystem, which would be a
great thing to use for, well, file-system-y concerns in our software.

However, am running into some strange conflicts between std::string
and boost::filesystem. I can either use one or the other, but not
both, without (what are possibly) "false positives" in the CodeBench
IDE.

We are targeting ArchLinux running on ARM cross compiled. As far as I
know, I accepted the defaults building boost, excepting for python,
etc. Linking against boost statically.

I also ran across this article and wonder how I can ensure that we're
linking in a correct order:
http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/faq/liborder.html, if
that's a plausible culprit / solution.

I seem to recall there being auto-link support, but I'm not sure this
will work in a toolchain like GCC (4.7.2).

I want to say that possibly there is an IDE confusion using
boost::filesystem with std::string, but is a tool chain issue not a
boost issue.

Regards,

Michael Powell