Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Errors compiling Boost.Log on OS X
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-28 10:37:31

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Rich E <reakinator_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm trying to build the recently-added-to-trunk Boost.Log on OS X and
> smacking into an error when it includes unsupported.cpp. I've google'd
> around a bit and seen from the macports guys that Boost.Context doesn't
> currently build for 32-bit architecture, but I can't even get it to build
> for just 64-bit.

I have to disagree with what I think you're saying here. The
Boost.Context at the tip of boost trunk (rev 84065) builds fine for me
on OS X 10.7.4 in both 32 and 64 bit.

I'm using Xcode 4.3.3, gcc 4.2.1, these commands:

./b2 variant=debug address-model=32 architecture=x86 link=static
threading=multi libs/context/test
./b2 variant=debug address-model=32 architecture=x86 link=static
threading=multi libs/context/example

address-model=64 works too. The example programs seem to run correctly.

> Has anyone had success yet with Boost.Log on OS X, or has
> some insight into how to get this working before it makes it into 1.54?

I'm building it now. Will let you know what I find.