Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Interprocess : vectors of vectors
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 15:07:00

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Oodini <svdbg____at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd like to share a vector of vectors (jagged 2D array).
> The data come from a deserialization.
> I know the size of the "external" vector. The sizes of the "internal"
> vectors are discovered during deserialization.
> Even with a simple vector, and if the number and the types of the elements
> are know? i woldn't know what size to set for truncation.
> On VS 2010, a sizeof(vector<int>) is 40; I suppose I have to add it
> sizeof(int)*nbElements to get the full size.
>
> 3. I don't know how to generalize that to a vector of vectors in order
> what should be the truncation size.

Who serializes the vector of vectors? Where were they created? Would
they have been Boost.Interprocess vectors in that original process?

If so, is there a way to determine the memory consumption in the
*original* instance, and serialize that total size requirement before
serializing the vector of vectors?