Subject: [Boost-users] [smart_ptr] Migrating from boost::shared_ptr<> to std::shared_ptr<>
From: Szymon Gatner (szymon.gatner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-16 06:12:21

Hi,

with recently acquired (semi) C++11 compiler (YEY!) I started to think
which of BOOST functionality could be replaced by standard counterparts.
First obvious candidates are smart pointers.

Thing is, there is lots of functions that take boost::shared_ptr<> as
arguments (or return them) and it is just not easy to do do. My questions:

- does it even make sense to switch to std::shared_ptr<> (should new
functions use std instead of boost)
- is there a way to easily convert one to another
- what are (if any) differences between std and boost versions

Regards,
Szymon Gatner