Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Interprocess : vectors of vectors
From: Oodini (svdbg____at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-16 10:05:18

> (On the other hand, depending on how expensive your programmers
> are remember that fast computers with 64GiB RAM are no longer
> outrageously expensive, even as rented hosts.)

Actually, it isn't to avoid t buy PCs with a lto of RAM machines, but to save time when launching the application.
I let you imagine how long it takes to load the data in RAM when I debug (even if I use then a light dataset of 5 GB).

> I'd be surprised if the interprocess vector cost more than another
> pointer or two over the regular std::vector. They both need the
> extra space for capacity vs. size, pointer to start of memory, etc.

I didn't use vectors, but arrays based on pointers.
I started a new thread about porting that with offset_ptr.