Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Does the Proactor of boost uses edge-triggered epoll on linux?
From: Journeyer J. Joh (oosaprogrammer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-29 11:22:56

Hi Igor R,

I have one answer to your question and one new question for you and other
people.

>> Don't the following notes aswer your question?

1. I am sorry but it is no because there is no statement whether the epoll
is edge-triggered or level-triggered. It only said like the one shown below.
Linux Kernel 2.6<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/boost_asio/overview/implementation.html#boost_asio.overview.implementation.linux_kernel_2_6>

Demultiplexing mechanism:
 Uses epoll for demultiplexing.

I downloaded latest boost 1.53.0 and searched for epoll_create, epoll_wait,
and many socket APIs for linux and windows but failed to find api calls for
those.

I expected that I would find api calls for those.

2. If it - boost.asio - doesn't call these api, how boost.asio implemens
it's functions?

Thank you very much.
Sincerely
Journeyer