Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] Config file and/or response file
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-04 06:39:46

Hello,

Couple of questions about program options config file (and/or response file).

I've got an options set that is starting to get fairly verbose, it's
rich, but is also impractical to expect users to type that many
options.

So I would like to capture some (or all) of those options in one or
more different config files, depending on the options that need to be
set for a given session.

With config files, can the parse_config_file method build a vector of
options? For instance if I define "value" as vector<int>, can I
specify value=1, value=2, value=3 and expect {1,2,3}? Or does the
convention go something like this, value=1 2 3, and so on?

Next, how does the parse_config_file method treat boiler plate
iterative sections? In other words, if I've got a pattern and would
like to capture zero or more of that pattern:

[pattern]
name=test
param=1
expected=2
actual=3

[pattern]
name=result
param=4
expected=5
actual=6

Those might inform a vector<pattern> type concern downstream of the
parser. Possible?

Third, in a response file, there is a statement about "limitations",
which was left at that. Can we be more specific? What kind of
limitations are we talking about? Obvious ones like the delimiters
between tokens come to mind, but other than that, that's a nebulous
statement at best.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael Powell