Subject: [Boost-users] Question about the segfault in path::imbue that is being worked on at the moment
From: Lars Hagström (lars_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-12 03:36:23

Hi,

I'm being bitten by the bug discussed here
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/filesystem-segfault-in-path-imbue-after-upgrade-to-boost-1-52-td4640696.html

I'm encountering this when using boost 1.50. I have to support multiple
boost versions, so I may bump into this in other versions as well.

>From looking at the commit logs of boost svn I see that this is being
worked on at the moment. But I would like to know what versions this bug
affect, and if there are any ideas for a workaround.
To me it looks like it affects most versions of boost filesystem, and I
have been unable to come up with a workaround other than removing all use
of filesystem in any place that could be called before main() has started.
I would really like not having to do that! We use it quite a lot during
static initialization...

I've tried calling imbue(...) and codecvt() manually before using path, but
that doesnt really help. The path_locale is in an anonymous namespace,
which stops me from initializing it myself... Any other ideas?

Sincerely
Lars