Subject: [Boost-users] [build] Problem building using Intel C++ compiler
From: Jason (jasonr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-18 21:12:04

I'm trying to build v1.53 using the Intel C++ compiler and am having some
problems. I'm issuing the following commands:

    ./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=intel-linux
    ./b2 toolset=intel-linux

Upon executing the second command, I get the following error:

    error: intel-linux initialization: parameter 'version' inconsistent
    error: no value was specified in earlier initialization
    error: an explicit value is specified now

This appears to be similar to a mailing list thread regarding v1.39,
archived here:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/boost-list/gu9wf3cr15Y

It appears that there is a workaround listed there (and a corresponding Trac
ticket #3165) that involves hand-manipulation of bjam configuration files,
but it seems like this is something that should work out of the box if Intel
C++ is a supported toolset. Is there any chance that this would be fixed in
the future?

Jason