Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Minimal size of a managed_shared_memory
From: Oodini (svdbg____at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-23 19:22:49

Hello,

A managed_shared_memory is a typedef for a basic_managed_shared_memory using rbtree_best_fit as allocation algorithm.

In the documentation :

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/interprocess/memory_algorithms.html

It is said at the and of the page : "In most 32 systems with 8 byte alignment the minimum size of a block is 24 byte".

I am on Windows XP SP3 32 bits. The alignement is 8 byte. But if I create a managed_shared_memory with a size lesser than 120 bytes, my app crashes.
This value comes from several get_min_size function, the deepest being in the rbtree_best_fit class.

So I wonder which value we can grant to the documentation above. How are the 120 bytes used ?