Subject: [Boost-users] Boost::Interprocess Documentation request
From: Riskybiz (riskybizLive_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-24 06:42:47

In the Boost::Interprocess documentation and under the heading "Where is
this being allocated?"; is an example of how to create a vector of strings
in a managed_shared_memory segment.

Link to Boost::Interprocess documentation here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/interprocess/allocators_contai
ners.html#interprocess.allocators_containers.containers_explained

Please could this example be extended to demonstrate;

1. How to add string elements to the shared memory vector from a
different process?

2. How to access and copy strings from the shared memory vector from a
different process?

This really would be invaluable to people trying to use Boost::Interprocess
for the first time! My particular project has ground to a halt for over a
month simply trying to get a working implementation of a Boost::Interprocess
mutex synchronised shared memory vector of strings. I would like one
process to add strings to the shared memory vector and several other
processes to read string data from the vector. Right now I don't know if
I'll ever get it to work! Running out of ideas here!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Riskybiz.