Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [1.54.0] Beta 1 Available
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-26 21:01:05

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Boost release 1.54.0 beta 1 is now available from SourceForge
>
> See http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.54.0.beta.1/
>
> This release contains 3 new libraries:
> • Log: Logging library, from Andrey Semashev.
> • TTI: Type Traits Introspection library, from Edward Diener.
> • Type Erasure: Runtime polymorphism based on concepts.
>
> and numerous enhancements and bug fixes for existing libraries.

Will it include Boost.Fiber? I've been involved in a recent thread
that I'd like to utilize Fiber in 1.54 when it is finally released.

> For details of what's in the release, see http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_54_0.html.
> Note that the links to files on this web page are for the final release - use the SourceForge link above to get the beta files.

Need to know, what are the differences mainly? I can read the release
notes, but I recall reading something about a different delivery
mechanism, using Git, submodules, or something along these lines?

I am also concerned about the build process. In particular, we must
support building cross-platform, with a cross-compiler targeting the
ARM processor.

> Please download the beta, give it a try, and report any problems you encounter.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- The Boost Release Team

Thanks...