Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] How to deal with no-connect and/or read-timeout
From: Arash Partow (arash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-27 18:06:23

On 27/06/2013 Oliver Kowalke wrote:

> boost::asio:yield_context - uses internally boost.coroutine
> boost::fibers::asio::yield - uses internally boost.fiber
>
> both rely on boost.context

A completely irrelevant statement. The gist of my previous comment
was not about the details of the coroutine facilities in asio, but
rather the fact that said semantics were already available within
the stock asio interface and that perhaps before attempting to
integrate another interface/library into the OPs solution, they
could attempt to see if the already available facilities in asio
would meet their needs - which would include as you suggested
taking into account the various performance criteria and "programming
models".

> you can use mutex, condition-vars .... to sync fibers etc.
>
> boost.fiber contains this example adapted to use boost.fiber

So the old adage that good examples tend be repeated must be true! :D