Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Test on Windows x64
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-28 20:42:54

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<CA+b9dje-T1OwyZAqBTvwnrGiOAKKXRMDVLxRYc5jcCWJ0aDGbA_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>I compiled the libraries using
>
>.\b2 variant=release link=static threading=multi runtime-link=shared
>toolset=msvc-11.0 address-model=64
>
>Linking the libraries with my (x64) test program produces the following
>error:
>
>libboost_unit_test_framework-vc110-mt-gd-1_53.lib(unit_test_suite.obj) :
>fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target
>machine type 'x64'

IIRC, this means that the library wasn't linked with the /machine:x64
option.

At home, I've been using x64 Windows 7 on trunk and haven't had any
problems. At work, I've been using 1.52 with a similar command to yours,
except our scripts are calling bjam and not b2.

Have you verified that your project was built x64?

Have you tried doing just:

b2 --with-test

to get all the library variants?

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>