Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] Getting started with strand
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-02 11:53:01

Hello,

I want to get started using asio strand if at all possible.

Getting started, however, I am struggling with a couple of
errors/issues. For starters:

* Cannot find std::enable_shared_from_this, std::move: they do not
exist in our environment.
* From there a ton of what look like steady-timer-related errors.

Many of the errors are linker errors I think. Symbols cannot be
resolved, such like this. I am pretty sure I am linking with the
correct Boost libraries (statically, multi-threaded). Possibly need to
rebuild Boost with different compiler settings?

Also, possibly we do not have the correct compile-time switches
enabled. Possibly also not linking with the correct libraries.

We are cross-compiling into ArchLinux for ARM using Sourcery
CodeBench, basically a GCC 4.7.2 based environment.

That or are we stuck with the old-style approach to scheduling asio
io_service callbacks?

Would much prefer strands if we can somehow manage it.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell