Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Any special differences between unix and windows source code packages?
From: Kerry, Richard (richard.kerry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-04 05:36:02

And noting of course that .tar.bz2 and .tag.gz are not Unix-family platform specific.
Tools for handling them are available on Windows. They tend to provide better compression than .zip so I use them (on Windows) whenever available.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
richard.kerry_at_[hidden]
uk.atos.net