Subject: [Boost-users] undefined reference to Thread ( Newbie )
From: Sahil Sachdeva (sahilsachdeva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-04 05:54:59

Hello all,

I am trying to compile and use the Boost 1.54 libraries and have run into a
dead end.

I compiled and installed the libraries like mentioned in the documentation:

./bootstrap.sh./b2 install

 I even tried a complete reinstall using:

./bootstrap.sh./b2 threading=multi install

 I have linked using -lboost_thread and -L<path to boost>/bin.v2/libs.
boost_system is also linked in the same manner.

i am still getting the following linker errors:

undefined reference to boost::thread::start_thread_noexcept()
undefined reference to boost::thread::join_noexcept()

 I am using gcc 4.6.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 in eclipse.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Best,

Sahil