Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_index] emplace support
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-06 08:22:14

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:

> Brian Wood <woodbrian77 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > I'm wondering about emplace support in multi_index.  Any news on that is
> > of interest.
>
> The sad reality is I have very limited time to devote to evolving the
> library, so this thing, although in principle simple to implement, has
> been procrastinated for years now.

For your information, I've started to implement emplace support
(as well as move semantics, support for initializer lists and a
general update to C++11 requirements) as of a couple of weeks ago.
I'm doing good progress and am hopeful I'll be able to provide a
preview version before the end of July.

The work needed is not incredibly complex in nature, but now that
I've put myself to doing it, I'm realizing that the code is probably
just too complex for anyone else to dive into it without heavy
assistance :-/

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital