Subject: [Boost-users] Announcing boost dependency analyzer
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 06:08:25

Hello to the boost community,

I'd like to announce the release of a small tool, that allows you analyze the dependencies in boost.
It is based on bcp, requirement is that you have bcp build and well a version of boost to analyze installed.

Simply select the boost directory (the tool also might find BOOST_ROOT) and the location of bcp, and the tool will start.
This will take a little time, depending on your machine, on my multicore intel ist 90 seconds - 2 minute.
The tool will store this information into a database, so that with the next start, this will be a lot shorter.

The tool allows to analyze the dependcies of a single boost library, but also of all of boost.
Its build with Qt for the UI and processing part, and uses boost graph for the layout.

Full information + download you'll find at my blogpost:
http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/boost-dependency-analyzer.html

Current Issues:
What libraries might be missing? I'm reading the libs from maintainers.txt, which isn't all the boost libs.
For example, lexical_cast is missing, and function_types is twice in there. (C&P error or missing library?)

So far Windows is supported, linux support planned and improving, currently ownly the (beta) binaries for linux available.

kind regards,

Jens Weller