Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] Async (or sync) in threads
From: Anthony Foiani (tkil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-25 16:22:06

Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I find it hard to imagine that anyone is using Boost.Asio, at least
> targeting Linux flavors and/or for ARM.

Dunno about ARM, but I've been using Boost.ASIO (since version 1.43 or
so, currently on 1.51) on Linux (x86-64 and ppc32, kernel versions
2.6.2x through 3.9.x) with great success.

Doesn't mean that there's not potential issues -- ARM is a very
fragmented "architecture" to support, with a huge number of variants
and licensed cores etc. So it's possible that you're doing everything
right, but something in your toolchain is failing you. (That "illegal
instruction" is worrisome, and makes me wonder if your toolchain is
100% aligned with your hardware.)

> Anyone? Thank you...

You might want to start debugging this by trying to get the ASIO
tutorials and examples running on your target hardware.

If that works, then we can see whether you're using ASIO in a way that
is unexpected.

Good luck,
Tony