Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] Async (or sync) in threads
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-26 20:03:27

Okay, something has obviously changed from 1.53. Which means my
comprehension/usage needs to get educated. How do I know? Glad you
asked.

I had a UDP beacon building and working under 1.53, but which when I
take that and run it under 1.54, now fails with a bad file descriptor
exception.

'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error>
>'
  what(): assign: Bad file descriptor
Aborted

As per my usage, not a clue. Maybe I need to be specifying some
precompiler definition or something.

Are there any potential snags? Like a dependency on date/time,
threads, something like that, I should be aware of?

Possibly if I address that and get it working for the "simple" basic
UDP writer example I cobbled together, that also addresses the TCP
side of things.