Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Library Status
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-07 19:17:39

Malysa, Eric (GE Healthcare, consultant) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run some regression tests, and then create a status
> report following the documentation provided here:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/tools/regression/doc/library_status.html
>
> I am using version Boost Version 1.53.0 on Suse 11 patch 1.
>
> PETMRds32-2:~> cat /etc/*-release
> LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-noarch:core-2.0-ia32:core-3.2-ia32:core-4.0-ia32"
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (i586)
> VERSION = 11
> PATCHLEVEL = 1
> PETMRds32-2:~>
>
> 1. Start from your command line environment.
> 2. set the current directory to:../libs/<library name>/test
> 3. Invoke one of the following:
> o ../../../tools/regression/src/library_test (*nix).
> o ..\..\..\tools\regression\src\library_test (windows).
> 4. This will display short help message describing the how to set the
> command line arguments for the compilers and variants you want to
> appear in the final table.
> 5. Setting these arguments requires rudimentary knowledge of bjam
> usage. Hopefully, if you've arrived at this page you've gained the
> required knowledge during the installation and library build process.
> 6. Rerun the above command with the argument set accordingly.
> 7. When the command terminates, there should be a file named
> "library_status.html" in the current directory.
> 8. Display this file with any web browser.
> The problem is when it calls library_status there is an error about a
> invalid bin directory. I would like to know what it is looking for?

OK - you have to build library_status with bjam. Of hand I don't
remember how to do that. I built it on my own machine a long
time ago

I made the script which invokes library_status. It turns out that
some time ago I build my version of library_status and placed
in the bin directory of my local machine. Obviously I should
have included a comment in the script to that effect.

So to use this, you have to build you own copy of library_status executable.
It's a bjam one liner - but I forget the line. Then you tweak the script
to point to the place where you've got the library_status executable.

Hope that explains it.

Robert Ramey