Subject: [Boost-users] [bgl] adding nodes recursively
From: Littlefield, Tyler (tyler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-14 10:36:03

Hello all:
I have a game with multiple rooms, which I would like to map to a graph.
Given this, I have a couple of questions.
One of my goals is to separate each individual area and have it on it's
own graph, then connect the graphs. Is this a possibility? I remember
reading about connected graphs for my data structures class, but we
didn't get to far with them.
My second issue is I will have a vector of rooms, which all have exits.
Each individual room will be a vertex with the exits being the edges. I
can recursively add all the exits that a room points to, then come back
and add the rest of the exits. But there may be two exits pointing to
the same room. Is there a quick way that I could insure that rather than
creating a new vertex, I could just point the edge to the preexisting
vertex?
Finally, i have one other question. I plan to create resources based on
a bunch of different factors. Basically I need a way to determine the
closest resources and perhaps get the shortest path to them, or the
weight of all of the edges that would point to the n closest resources
that were spawned. I want to use this weight to determine the density or
find another way to determine density and spread the resources out
across the world.

--
Take care,
Ty