Subject: [Boost-users] Interoperability of multiple boost versions.
From: Wilfried Kirschenmann (wilfried.kirschenmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-26 11:34:04

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a large software project having an unchangeable
dependency on boost 1.33, but I would like to use functionality from a more
up-to-date version of the library (say 1.54). Can it be done? If so, how ?
One of the things we aim to achieve is use the std::hash and unoredered_map
from boost 1.54, while also using othe containers from boost 1.33.

Since boost if mostly header only and template-based, using an intermediary
interface doesn't work well. Any ideas ? Are we better off using another
library instead of boost to avoid conflicts ?

Help appreciated, thanks.

Kind regards,
Wilfried K.

-----
Cordialement,
Wilfried Kirschenmann

"Ma femme, si elle croit que je vis, croit que je marche. Les camarades
croient que je marche. Ils ont tous confiance en moi. Et je suis un salaud
si je ne marche pas."*
*Guillaumet (1902 - 1940) cité dans *Terre des Hommes* par Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry (1900 - 1944)