Subject: [Boost-users] libboost_thread-vc80-mt-1_54.lib
From: John Emmas (johne53_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-30 05:30:22

A few months ago I downloaded 'boost_1_54_0.zip' which I probably
obtained from Sourceforge:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.54.0/

I'm using libboost with Visual C++ 8 and up to now the only things I've
needed from it are 'boost::regex' and 'boost::shared_ptr'. However I'm
now building a 3rd party library which seems to want to link to the
above library (libboost_thread-vc80-mt-1_54.lib). I'm not sure whether
it's a static library or the symbols library for a DLL. Either way, the
zip file I downloaded doesn't seem to contain it (nor any other libs or
DLLs AFAICT).

Q1) Is there some other web site I need to visit in order to get the
pre-built binaries?

Q2) I know from past experience that pre-built boost binaries sometimes
require quite obscure versions of the MSVC runtime. That was the case
with boost::regex so after a bit of advice from this mailing list, I
ended up making a VC project and building it myself. I don't mind doing
the same thing for boost::thread - but I wondered if there was already a
suitable project available somewhere? I don't want to re-invent the
wheel if a VC project already exists! Thanks.

John