Subject: [Boost-users] How to build Boost binary libraries on Windows X64 using GCC
From: guxiaobo1982 (guxiaobo1982_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-06 01:22:36

Hi,

We are trying to develop a custom R package, which will utilize Boost and RCPP.
We are using R 3.0.1 64bit, and the corresponding RTools3 toolchain, which can be downloaded from CRAN, such as http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/Rtools31.exe.

Upon our environment we can build test R packages which with C++ srouces and without any other third-part denpendencies, and can use Eclipse C++ IDE to develop demo C++ programes.

When comes to Boost, there is a problem to build the binary libraries such as regex, we found a guide at
http://fischerlaender.de/development/using-boost-c-libraries-with-gcc-g-under-windows, it only tells how to use a pre-built Boost binary,
and we have tried the steps at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5299468/unable-to-build-boost-libraries-with-gcc
1. cd to toos\build\v2\engine (there is not a src directory)
2. build.bat gcc
3. put the new bjam.exe and b2.exe into the root the boost
4. execute b2 under root of boost
It seems boost still looks for cl (which is from the visual studio toolchain)

So do you have a pre-built boost library for windows and gcc, or what's the wright way?

Thanks.

Xiaobo Gu