Subject: [Boost-users] syntax error reporting from imported python modules
From: Richi Lists (ricul77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-11 11:30:22

Hi,

when I execute a python script that contains errors, I get nice and
complete information from boost::python::error_already_set about the
error and it's location.

If the script that contains a syntax error is not executed directly, but
imported from the main script, I don't get that exception. Instead it
returns from the function as if everything was successful. When I check
the result, the tasks from the other files were performed, just the
stuff from the erroneous file is missing.

Do I need to somehow attach the error reporting to the imported files?

Rgds
Richard