Subject: [Boost-users] Regex on Windows2012
From: Michael Xanadu (xanadu.michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-11 13:45:16

Hi guys,

I developed a little application called MyProgram.exe (Win7, VS2008 SP1, Qt
4.8.4) and a little DLL called MyLibrary.dll. The DLL uses BOOST's regex
engine 1.5. The executable calls the DLL via couple of functions, one
function inside the DLL uses the regex engine. I've tested the environment
on Windows7 and all is OK.

BUT: If I copy the application and the DLL to Windows2012 I see that the
executable crashes if I use it. I took a closer look to the issue and found
out that the cause for the crash seems to be the regex engine inside the
DLL. If regex functions will be called inside the DLL, it crashes and also
the application does.

AND: The strange thing is, that this problem seems to occur only on
Windows2012 and only if the regex engine is inside a DLL. If I use Windows7
instead or uses the regex engine inside an executable on Windows2012 -
everything works fine.

I've already tried a lot to solve the problem, including using different
linking approaches (BOOST as shared DLL etc.). I wonder if anybody had
similar issues or can give me a hint of what went wrong?

Regards,
Michael