Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] memory leak in graph/r_c_shortest_paths.hpp
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-23 12:18:25

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, potato_research wrote:

> Jeremiah,
> I'm working on your suggestion of dumping the data and obtaining an MWE that
> we could make into a test (if it turns out there's a problem in the boost
> code). In the meanwhile, one of the assertions you added triggered! Here it
> is:
>
> Assertion failed: (p_cur_label->b_is_valid), function
> r_c_shortest_paths_dispatch, file
> /Users/alberto/Applications/boost/boost/graph/r_c_shortest_paths.hpp, line
> 472.

It's good that the assertion triggered; it probably makes the issue easier
to debug. Here are a couple of questions that might suggest places to
look:

1. Do the cases that fail have multiple, partially-overlapping
Pareto-optimal paths to the goal? Do they have multiple paths that are
tied for "goodness"?

2. If you remove all of the clearing of b_is_valid, plus remove all of the
object destruction and deallocation calls (to avoid the program crashing),
does the answer seem reasonable?

-- Jeremiah Willcock