Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] How do I make boost::serializationwork with std::shared_ptr?
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-29 16:36:34

El 29/09/2013, a las 21:44, "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]<mailto:ramey_at_[hidden]>> escribió:

shared_pointers (boost and std) are not serializable as things stand.

[...]

This was OK .... until now when we have a new shared_ptr to deal with.
The real solution is to enhance the serialization API so that the code
used for implementing boost::shared_ptr can be applied to other
data types which are otherwise unserializable. Unfortunately, this
is a non-trivial task which I have yet to get to.

Maybe it's time to recover archive helpers as we discussed some years ago:

I won't repeat my arguments, but I think helpers were a nice general solution to implement non-trivial serialization for types with shared semantics and other, hard to crack cases.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: