Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] How do Imake boost::serializationwork with std::shared_ptr?
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-30 08:34:31

On 09/29/2013 11:51 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> boost::shared_ptr. The current code implements the "helper" idea
> in a way that is orthogonal to the rest of the code and doesn't
> require adding any new template parameters. As I said, I would
> like to see this generalized. This would entail adding a new facet

What is the underlying problem? Is that C++ does not have partial
specialization for template functions? (i.e. serialize/load/save)
If so, then we could solve the problem with functors.

I have used this technique to solve a somewhat related problem, namely
that my archives required a different serialization for collections
than provided by <boost/serialization/serialization.hpp> and friends.
The functor part can be seen at:

http://sourceforge.net/p/protoc/code/ci/master/tree/include/protoc/serialization/serialization.hpp