Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Mixing signals2 and asio mechanism failing
From: ustulation (ustulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-20 12:01:41

I see. I think I will look more into weak_ptr/track() methods to achieve
what I want because I might land up having shared_ptr< A > being a
composition inside B and then in event of no further interaction with A's
signal they would both exist for the lifetime of the program.

I'd posted a query here too:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19476578/mixing-boostasio-and-boostsignals2-giving-problems

In the hack there I have assumed that signals make a copy of slots before
executing them and hence that hack would work -> it would delete the actual
functor when connecting dummy() and then the copy once slot() returns
(assuming that the signal had been fired and the control was inside slot()
when stop() was called). Is that assumption correct (about copying the list
of slots before executing them) ? I got it from:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/4490785/1060004