Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BOOST_INTERLOCKED_INCREMENT
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-24 17:36:47

On 24/10/2013 22:32, Quoth gast128:
> we use these macro's to be more portable, but are these 'official' Boost
> functionality? they are defined in <boost/detail/interlocked.hpp> which made
> me doubt. Ofc better to use atomics in future, bit no time for that right now.

It's probably safe to assume that anything in "detail" (either by path
or by namespace) is purely implementation and subject to arbitrary
change without notice, so you're pushing your luck if you try to use them.

It's all just code though, so there's no particular reason why you can't
use it -- just be aware that your code might break when you update to a
different version of Boost.