Subject: Re: [Boost-users] --run_test and using this to run a subset of Testcases.
From: Chris Cleeland (chris.cleeland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-06 08:37:30

My experience is that --run_test is not cumulative on the command line.
Unless there is some accepted pattern that would match exactly and only the
tests you're interested in running, you'd need to invoke the test from the
command line once for each --run_test you wish (in this case, three times,
I would guess).

If this particular aggregation of tests is common, then you could re-group
your test cases such that they are in a single suite. It would be
convenient if there were a way to create a suite that aggregates and refers
to other cases/suites, though it's not clear to me how that would work in
the general case where one just fires up the test to run--would those
referred-to tests run multiple times, or just once?

HTH,
-cj