Subject: [Boost-users] Fwd: Boost.log file collector
From: Daniel Krikun (dkrikun0_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-22 07:07:07

Hello,

When I set up text_file_backend with file rotation and a file collector
with the target directory other from the directory where my application
resides, then if the application crashes, the current log file will not be
collected to the target directory.
This is somewhat inconvenient, because, let's say we setup the file
collector to collect all the log files under 'logs' subfolder, and then if
the application crashes we ask the user to simply e-mail the 'logs' folder
to see what possibly went wrong before the crash, but, alas, the most
interesting piece is missing.
Is there a way to work around the problem?
Thanks,