Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Thread] Using thread accross libraries
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-29 07:50:32

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 09:12:50AM +0100, Sébastien Gallou wrote:
> Antony,
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer. But I check the configuration of each
> project, and same runtime-library is used (/MDd) in both cases. So my
> problem doesn't come from here.
> If you have another idea...
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Sébastien

You are linking to the static Boost.Thread library. This means that
you've got two distinct Boost.Thread libraries loaded into your process,
one into the executable and one in the DLL.

This means, among other things, that the internal book-keeping data of
the library is duplicated and separated, in ways that tend to violently
break once you try to interact across module boundaries, particularly if
you're doing something that relies on RTTI/EH.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]