Subject: [Boost-users] [MPL] How to generate pre-generated header files for a mpl::list containing more than 50 entries?
From: Klaus.Kempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-12-12 08:43:56

Hello MPL experts,

I want to code a state machine which has a reaction list containing
more than 50 entries.

I found here [http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/mpl/preprocessed/]

some python scripts to generate header files for a mpl::list containing
more than
50 entries.

But I cannot manage to generate a single header file. Can someone please
explain to me how to use these scripts? I also didn't find any help in
boost
documention.

Command line messages of the related script were also not helpful for me:
preprocess_list.py

Usage:
         preprocess_list.py <mode> <boost_root> [<source_file>]

Purpose:
         updates preprocessed version(s) of the header(s) in
"boost\mpl\list\aux_\preprocessed" directory

Example:
         the following command will re-generate and update all 'apply.hpp'
headers:

                 preprocess_list.py all f:\cvs\boost apply.cpp

What is the meaning of [<source_file>] here? And how/where do I have to
specify the count of list entries in order to generate the header files
"list60.hpp",
"list70.hpp" and so on?

Many thanks for any help you could provide.

Best regards,
Klaus