Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Caching the iterator of async_resolve()?
From: Kaspar Fischer (kaspar.fischer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 20:21:27

Gavin, thanks for your answer.

So the way to go is to copy the values of the iterator and cache these,
that makes sense.

Have others had any experiences with this? I want to avoid making a DNS
lookup every time I perform a (HTTP) request.

Also – and not strictly related to this question – why are DNS lookups in
Boost Asio tied to a service, as in resolve(query(host, "http"))?

Thanks for any pointers, much appreciated.

Kaspar