Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost.asio] Concurrently Ping 1000+ Hosts
From: reminisc3_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-12-19 20:05:45

Are fibers just inherently threads? I read that they have all of the member functions that boost.thread offers. The async functionality looks very useful . At the very least, a promising extension of boost.thread.

On a side note, anybody have any idea how I can make the above code concurrent capable?  It may be impractical to accomplish what I'm trying to do but I'm feeling ambitious :) I could process all the pings in a loop with just one thread at a time and set the timeout at 500 ms. So it would take 3000 seconds to ping 3000 ip's. Just trying to be fast and efficient as possible.

Nail, I am very interested in AFIO. I develop mainly for Windows and have recently began reading the msdn docs for completion ports, etc. There just doesn't seem to be many working examples and the documentation is weak. I posted on here a couple weeks ago trying to implement multithreaded io in a raid environment. I will be considering AFIO for sure.