Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Regex] Subexpression matching during search
From: Larry (lknain_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-03 12:36:24

"If the regex string is embedded in the C++ source then those backslashes
will need to be doubled to \\d."

Thanks John.

The regex strings are read from file. For the example
"^(XXX_\d{3,3})_\d{3,3}$" actually
exists as ^(XXX_###)_###$ in the file and is converted programmatically to
example string. The
only ones that seem to fail are ones that begin with "^(.....". In strings
like "^...(..." there
doesn't seem to be a problem. The strings run against the regex are read
from a database.
Again, the odd thing is if I remove the parenthesis [^XXX_###_###$] it works
and the correct
strings are found.

I'll do a bit of experimenting with it and will post a condensed test
program if I can't pin it
down.

Larry