Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Fast IPC between Linux and Windows on the same host
From: Slava (Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-13 10:54:10

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:37:48 +0100, Dominique Devienne
<ddevienne_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Dominique Devienne
> <ddevienne_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM, U.Mutlu <for-gmane_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> what is the fastest cross-platform IPC mechanism
>>> between Linux and Windows on the same physical host?
>>>

>> Not IPC per se, but this article might be of interest in your case. --DD
>>

> http://mitchellh.svbtle.com/comparing-filesystem-performance-in-virtual-machines

A word of caution though: vmhgfs module is compilable only on <3.10
kernels. There are patches for newer kernels and even a whole OSS project
with patches for newer kernels, but the stability of the filesystem is not
all right. Both oracle and postgres databases occasionally end with
corrupted database if the database files are being hold on vmhgfs (I had
linux host and linux guest setup).

Regards, Slava