Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Asio] signal_set not blocking/queueing signals on shutdown
From: Slava (Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 04:01:18

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:01:56 +0100, Benjamin Shadwick
<benshadwick_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Benjamin Shadwick
> <benshadwick_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> I've written an io_service+signal_set signal handling implementation in
>> thread of my application that triggers an orderly shutdown when (among
>> other things) the user presses Ctrl+C.

I first hear about asio signals, but I believe purpose of these signal
facility in asio is only to help you to implement *waiting* for signals,
like SIGCHLD, or SIGUSR{12}, whateverer you may choose for your IPC
communication. You should not misuse asio for general signal handling.
Normally signals are instantaneous things to be delivered right now right
here without any regard in which state the target is.

Regards, Slava