Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Heap (i.e fibonacci_heap) handle_type handles are persistent across calls?
From: Tassos Souris (tassos_souris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 17:32:13

Hello to everyone When i use, say a fib_heap fb1 and fib_heap fb2. I add some data to fb1 using the push method and keep the handles returned from those calls. I do the same with fb2.  Then i do some modification to the heaps. Lets say i do fb1.merge(fb2). Can i use the handles i obtained from the push calls on fb2 to update the data that was originally in fb2 and now in fb2?? That is the first time i obtain a handle_type from the push() method, it remains valid until the item is removed from the heap?? I tested the above scenario and seems to work but the documentation doesn't say anything and i would like another opinion. Thanks