Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost multiprecision & STL map
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-19 03:25:22

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 05:29:55PM +1300, tridiak_at_[hidden] wrote:
> I have a boost/C++ error which I am having a difficult time
> figuring out.

Hi there and welcome to the Boost Users list.

If you're asking about a problem related to Boost, it helps if you
mention some fundamental things like what Boost libraries are involved,
what types are in play, and if you don't like to talk about it, a small
reasonably self-contained test case.

> Compiler error : Call to member function
> '__construct_node' is ambiguous
>
> Where StellarID()==0) {return
> errInvalidID;}
>
> if (stellarObjects.find(obj->StellarID())!=
> stellarObjects.end()) {
>
> return errStellarObjectIDClash;
>
> }
>

> stellarObjects[obj->StellarID()]=obj;

This snippet is essentially useless to anyone not familiar with your
codebase unless this someone has a strange urge to embark on a session
of Psychic Debugging or Twenty Questions.

Try to narrow your problem down to a small test-case. If your problem
disappears while doing so, you'll be discovering additional aspects
that were contributing to it. If it remains when you've gotten a
near-minimal test case, you've got something you can present to the list
or the IRC channel.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]