Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Container] any debug renderings for Visual Studio?
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-28 23:10:50

On 29/01/2014 15:38, Quoth John M. Dlugosz:
> When I try to inspect, say, a flat_vector (or anything built on top of
> it like a flat_map) I can't see the elements in the Watch display. Is
> there some way to teach VS about that? I seem to remember a long time
> ago having VS skip things like shared_ptr dereference when stepping
> through.

In (VS dir)\Common7\Packages\Debugger, there's a file called
"autoexp.dat" (which is just a text file).

You can look at some of the existing examples in there and add your own
to support various things.

A while back I added some custom entries to mine for boost::shared_ptr
and friends based on the existing examples for std::tr1::shared_ptr in
the file.

There are examples for std::vector etc in there too, so it shouldn't be
too hard for you to add flat_vector -- mostly just a matter of finding
the internal names of things.