Subject: [Boost-users] [accumulators] "count" NaN but otherwise ignore it?
From: Rhys Ulerich (rhys.ulerich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-29 14:02:06

Is there a feature within accumulators to count NaNs on extraction but
to otherwise ignore them? Maybe some sort of pass filter on incoming
data? I've got a situation where I'd like to avoid NaNs clobbering
otherwise useful information, but I still want to total count of data
seen to include them.

The context is a time integrator for a physics simulation. The
integrator tracks the number of timesteps. When the physics kicks
back a NaN (because something's amiss), I'd like to count the failed
timestep but not have the NaN destroy the useful mean of timesteps
taken thus far.

Thanks,
Rhys