Subject: Re: [Boost-users] inter thread communication with message queues
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 04:32:55

On 01/28/2014 09:09 PM, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:

> To be honest though, the reason why I am trying to find a way to use
> lock free queues is because an attempted port of zeromq to a different

If I understood you other replies correctly, then you either want a
lock-free queue or a queue that uses pintool locks. Kisscpp provides
neither.

You either have to (1) implement your own queue based on pintool locks,
(2) use boost::lockfree::queue after checking that it is lock-free on
your target using the is_lock_free() member function, or (3) simplify
your architecture to avoid multiple producers / multiple consumers
altogether.

I would select option three using the leader/followers pattern, as it
greatly simplifies your code, and has better performance.