Subject: [Boost-users] Attn: We need GSoC 2014 mentors for Boost!
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-07 22:15:54

Dear Boost community,

We are now just five days away from the closing date for Google
Summer of Code 2014 registration. Last year's GSoC was a huge
success, with Google funding work on Boost to the tune of $35,000 and
paying over $8,000 in costs for three representatives of Boost to
attend the GSoC mentor's summit at Google HQ.

As part of filling in our application for 2014, we must supply to
Google a list of potential GSoC mentors and potential GSoC projects
for summer 2014. We do NOT want a repeat of 2012 when our application
was rejected due to an insufficiently long list of prospective
mentors and projects! At the time of writing, we have just *eight*
prospective mentors, and we need more to be sure of being approved by
Google!

Therefore, if you think yourself able to mentor a student doing some
work on Boost this summer, *please* consider adding a description of
the proposed work item and your name to the list at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014.

If you want to know more about mentoring a Google Summer of Code
funded student work before you nominate yourself, please feel free to
ask on the main Boost developers mailing list boost_at_lists.boost.org.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Niall Douglas (Boost Google Summer of Code admin)
Boris Schäling (Boost Google Summer of Code backup admin)