Subject: [Boost-users] interprocess library deadlocked
From: Hernán Leoni (leoni.hernan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 12:18:54

Hi everyone,

I'm using boost interprocess, and in some cases I get the interprocess
library deadlocked, now I'm using internal timed locks, so, I get timeout
exception

Fortunately it is not that frequent, but it is an issue I need to resolve
before going live,
When this happens the shared memory cannot be used at all, so it needs to
be removed and a new one must be created.

I'm not sure yet why these internal mutexes are getting locked and never
unlocked, it may be happening with some process being killed unexpectedly.
I was wanting to see if anybody has already figured out which approach is
better for this case.

Thanks a lot,

Hernan